Tel Nof Base Pin
Tel Nof Base enamel pin of the Air Force.
Israeli Air Force base Tel Nof Shoulder pin Tel Nof Israeli Air Force - Air Force Base 8 - was established by the British in spring 1941 (Airbase RAF Aqir) as part of their efforts to prevent the German army from conquering mandatory Palestine.
The base, which received its name from the neighboring Arab village of Aqir, was the largest airbase built by the British in Palestine.
Tel Nof airbase currently maintains several fighter and helicopter squadrons.
Several special units of the Israel Defense Forces IDF including Unit 669 (airborne combat search and rescue) and the paratroopers training.